Repeal AUMF: H.R. 198 Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
by VVV PR
MONARCHY (Rule by the Rich & Powerful – Bankers & Kings) -> REVOLUTION -> DEMOCRACY (Rule by the People) -> PNAC -> 9/11 -> AUMF -> PATRIOT ACT -> CITIZENS UNITED -> NDAA 2012 -> HR658 -> HR347 -> NDAA 2013 -> SANDY HO[?OK:AX] -> GUN CONTROL -> FASCISM (Rule by the Rich & Powerful – Bankers & Corporations)
To My Fellow Riders and All Freedom Fighters:
History repeats itself. And if you understand the timeline above, then you understand what the next step in the timeline must be, unless somehow the timeline can be reversed.
This is the most important bill before the U.S. Congress today:
H.R. 198: Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
The text of H.R.198 is short and self-explanatory:
SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.
This Act may be cited as the ‘Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force’.
SEC. 2. CONGRESSIONAL FINDING.
Congress finds that the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note), signed into law on September 18, 2001, has been used to justify a broad and open-ended authorization for the use of military force and such an interpretation is inconsistent with the authority of Congress to declare war and make all laws for executing powers vested by the Constitution in the Government of the United States.
SEC. 3. REPEAL OF PUBLIC LAW 107-40.
Effective 180 days after the date of the enactment of this Act, the Authorization for Use of Military Force (Public Law 107-40; 50 U.S.C. 1541 note) is hereby repealed.
This is the most important bill before Congress because it would go a long way towards reversing the creeping fascism that has defined the politics and controlled the government of post-Eisenhower America.
Most American citizens have never heard of “HR198” and what few have often confuse it with unrelated but like-numbered bills from previous Congressional sessions. Like opposition to the indefinite detention provisions of NDAA 2012, our corporate-controlled mainstream media is likely to give little if any coverage to HR 198 and its opposition to the carte blanche executive authority to take out anyone anywhere granted by AUMF. Even alternative media is thus far limited to this single and painfully frank assessment by Norman Solomon:
AUMF is a serious issue, folks, unlike the staged partisan propaganda spewing out of Washington and force-fed to you by the talking heads on your television. AUMF was passed in 2001 with bipartisan support that included the vote of every Democrat and Republican then in Congress except one – Barbara Lee, the current sponsor of HR198 – and it will take a united, non-partisan coalition to undo what the fascist puppet “Demopublicans” have done.
For those of you who believe democracy still exists in these United States, a groundswell of grassroots activism leading to the passage and signing of “H.R. 198: Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force” with its wording intact may very well be your last chance to prove it. Fail to do so, and you can rest assured that history WILL repeat itself.
- Congress.org: Get informed. Get involved.
- DownsizeDC.org: Repeal the “Authorization for the Use of Military Force” (AUMF)
- FiredogLake.com The Perpetual War on Terrorism Ensures Presidents Will Be Increasingly Worse on Civil Liberties
- GovTrack.us: H.R. 198: Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- IbaBuzz.com: Lee says drone memo should drive Congress to act
- LOC.gov: Bill Summary & Status 113th Congress (2013 – 2014) H.R.198
- NDAA 2013: Drones, Permanent War And Indefinite Detention Without Charge Or Trial For American Citizens On American Soil
- NormanSolomon.com: Congress: End Endless War and Stop Becoming ‘the Evil That We Deplore’
- OpenCongress.org: H.R.198 – Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- PopVox.com: What’s your position on The Repeal of the Authorization for Use of Military Force
- RootsAction.org: Repeal the War on Terror
- Where is the coverage of H.R. 198 (Repeal AUMF) in Google News?
repeal aumf, aumf, aumf 2001, h.r. 198, h.r.198, hr 198, hr198, authorization for use of military force, public law 107-40, 9-11, constitutional rights, bill of rights, freedom, fascism
#AUMF #NDAA #hr198 #RepealAUMF #BillOfRights #PoliceState